As Christians we are called to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. If you are anything like me, this is an extremely difficult thing to do. There just never seems to be a good time to broach the subject. To be honest, I am afraid of the awkwardness this discussion might cause.

Running has torn down the awkwardness and created a platform for me to talk freely about my faith. It is my hope that these stories will help draw you closer to our creator – through whom we all have the strength to move mountains.

God has given me a body built for endurance. Over the years, I have run a few races and met many wonderful and interesting people. These posts contain my stories. You do not need to be a runner to relate to these events. We are all running the race of life. We all have our peaks and valleys that we have to climb and descend.

My Family

My Family
My Lovely Wife Christina & Sons: Chase, Cruz, & Dash Dexter

YouTube Video of 2010 McNaughton 200 Mile Trail Run

Thursday, April 16, 2009

McNaughton Park 150 Mile - Ryan Dexter Race Photos


We just finished Mile 140 in this photo above. You can see my crew member/friend Randy Steiner as well. You can see it in the eyes - only 10 more miles!

Finished! 34 hours 42 minutes and 18 seconds = 150 miles. We won by over 6 hours and would have won the 100 mile race by nearly 2 hours.

This is part of my amazing crew at the finish line. Pictured L to R: Mike Larson, Jay Edgar, Christina Dexter (my wife), Jerry Davison, myself, Demah Nuertey, Greg Almond, Jason Sloat, Mike Younglove, and Randy Steiner. Not pictured: Burt Dehaven, Tom Rodenkirch, Dan Prevenas, and Steve Cabler.


My friend Jay Edgar came down on Saturday morning to run a little with me at McNaughton as well take some additional photos. So, these photos are probably around the last 40 or 50 miles of the race. If you are interested, take a look.: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=jayedgar&target=ALBUM&id=5324353027684643345&authkey=Gv1sRgCNriwfDwmMDfGg&authkey=Gv1sRgCNriwfDwmMDfGg&feat=email